Wednesday, January 04, 2012

The Last of the 2011 Christmas Cards

Finally I have finished the Christmas cards for some very special people requiring very special cards.
Jodie was our Adopt-A-Teen girl when she was at a facility for troubled teens.  After she finished the program, she stayed to work there and help other girls who had backgrounds similar to hers.  We have kept in touch since she left there.

Her is her very special card--

This is very similar to a card made and posted a month or so ago.   This time I used the cute
Winter Tilda.  It is so cold here I really need to borrow her muff. It will be a little tricky driving with it!
It was -5 degrees this morning at 6:00am, but it did warm up a lot today.
The flower is a pinwheel Florette from Webster's Pages purchased from Angela Hunt at  Love to Stamp.

The tiny Merry Christmas stamp on the banner on the lamppost is from an SU set.
Tilda's muff and pompoms on her hat are Liquid Applique.

Inside the card has a ribbon from my stash, a charm from WalMart, poinsettias from Prima.

The cloud shapes are from the Nestabilities Labels 14 set.
The papers are from My Mind's Eye Simply Delightful tablet. I am finding those papers are fantastic  to work with.  There are at least 3 or more papers that co-ordinate so you can have perfectly matched papers on your card.

I didn't keep track of any of the Copics I used to color. 


I had overheard one of the young guys at our church make a comment to his mother about "Coal Again!" for Christmas.  I immediately thought "I have a stamp for that!!!!!!"

So I made him a card using 3 of my Fluffles stamps, one of which says "Coal Again?!" on it.  I gave it to him at church Sunday morning and he loved it!
Here are the pictures !


These papers are from Basic Grey's Nordic Holiday.  After I got them I was wishing I had ordered 2 or 3 more pads.  They are so cute for kids and fun cards.

The stick-ons were in my stash. I have no idea where they came from or how long I've had them.  But - they were a baking theme so were just perfect for this Fluffles stamp.
The ribbon was from my stash.
The red around the image is another Nestabilities set Lacy Squares.
The top inside has more stick-ons and another Fluffles image.
The green is the same die cut from Lacy Squares.

It didn't take very long to color these fun little stamps.

 
The Christmas tree, gifts and fireplace are Magnolia stamps.  Fluffles is looking in his stocking and finds -- COAL AGAIN?!

The Merry Christmas sentiment is another stick-on from the same set.

This was very fun to do and Kaleb just loved it!
He then explained to me that "Coal again" is a family joke on him.  One year his family cut up some candy bars then wrapped the pieces in black foil to look like lumps of coal and put them in his stocking.

And my last Christmas card will be posted on Friday morning as it is my Inventory Reduction Challenge card for this week.

Huggeroonies,

1 comment:

Elle said...

All of your cards are just precious!