Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Tilda's Town #4 and TOMIC

WARNING!!  You may need sunglasses and plenty of sunscreen while viewing this loud and wild post :D

What a fun card this one was to make!  I used the Lime Rickey papers from Basic Grey again.  I'm trying to enter some of the challenges that are popular with Maggie lovers.  This Tilda stamp has been calling me for several weeks now, but I ignored her as long as I could.  I had no idea what to do with her and couldn't remember why I even purchased her.

Yesterday I decided it was time to ink her up and do something with her.  I wanted her to be very colorful, very over the top and lots of fun.  After I had her all colored up, I thought the Lime Rickey papers would be perfect for her.  So ---


I used Stampin' Up! cardstock in Concord Crush, Daffodil Delight, Glorious Green (discontinued color) and Real Red to separate the layers of Lime Rickey.  The ribbon is Crushed Curry mounted on a strip of Very Vanilla.


Here is a view of the card open.  The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts.
The sentiment panel was cut using Nestabilities Inverted Scalloped Circles and Classic Circles dies.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

    Tilda's Town Challenge #4 - Sketch
     TOMIC - Anything Goes

Thank you for stopping by and risking a sunburn!!

Huggeroonies,

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wild Kathy! How fun and super, duper cute! Great take on Janneke's sketch! So glad you linked up to Tilda's Town challenges! Thanks for playing!

Danielle Champagne said...

I love it Kathy, your card made my day! it is raining in Montreal, no sun, so I just love those bright and happy colors. your tilda is spectacular. Love it all ! hugs.

Nancie Quah said...

Such a beautiful card. Love the happy tropical colors with the adorable Tilda. Thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town challenge. Good Luck.
Hugs
Nancie

Karen said...

Love it!! Perfect sentiment to go with it too! : )

Karen said...

Awesome job! Great colors a really fun card. The Tilda image is a perfect match for the DP you chose.

Karen

Barb Hardeman said...

Oh, you wild gal! Isn't this card just so much fun!! Love the bright happy colors...absolutely will lift the spirits of anyone who needs it. It truly brought a smile to my face! Great us of the dp's and I love Tilda's two toned dress! Great job Kathy, Blessings, Barb <><

cabio's craft corner said...

Kathy, your coloring is lovely. The rich & cheerful scheme is wonderful. I especially like the two contrast tones on Tilda's dress :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Cathy Lee said...

Wow, Kathy, this is a loud and wild card but awesome. Love the colors you used and Tilda looks gorgeous.
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

EnblogSail said...

I jus love the colors, so lively!
Caryl

Teresa said...

Thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town Sketch challenge, with your beautiful card. Hugs Teresa xx

Damarys said...

This is a fantastic looking card, and SO cheerful! This will bring a smile to ANYONE, it's so happy!

Paula said...

How cute! Just adore the bright colors...fits perfectly with Tilda. Great job on this.

Doreen Horats, Clayton said...

WOW, this card is so fantastic, love all the bright colors. Your layering with the bg papers is super.
Blessings Doreen

Rene said...

Oh!My!GOSH! Kathy I absolutely LOVE this card...so bold, so bright, so vibrant...I should have heeded your warning...I'm blind! Lol! FABULOUS!
Rene ;D

Tina Makuc said...

Well done Kathy!!! You followed the sketch perfectly! And the colors.. Awesome!!
Thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town Challenges this week..
Hugs, Tina

Norma said...

Kathy, stunningly gorgeous! I love the bright colours that you took from the DP's to colour Tilda. Beautifully coloured BTW--she's adorable although I didn't get her. Love your choice of DP's to go with the image. Terrific job on the card.
Hugs,
Norma

cathylynn said...

Hey Kathy this is GREAT!!! WOW I love the bright bold colors! You colored Tilda fabulous!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

cathylynn said...

Hey Kathy this is GREAT!!! WOW I love the bright bold colors! You colored Tilda fabulous!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Suzan L said...

Hi Kathy, your card is a nice celebration of colors! The Design Papers are just perfect with this Tilda!! Your card is so adorable!
Hugs,
Suzan

Christina C. said...

Absolutely spectacular, Kathy!!!!
Love the vibrant colors....perfect for this image!

Kianel said...

Gorgeous card!
Thanks for playing along with us at TOMIC challenge!
Good Luck!
Kianel & Magnolia DT.