Saturday, June 29, 2013

June Birthday Cards

Here are some of the June birthday cards I made.  All of them were fun to do, but, of course, some of them were more fun than others!

This card was made in response to a challenge to use something old, something new.  Normal people would usually think "Wedding".  My thoughts were an old stamp and a new stamp, old paper or flowers and new paper or flowers.
My old stamp was the books that newer stamp Editor Tilda was sitting on.
The large gardenia flower was an older one from Magnolia and was in my stash.  The tiny roses were very new as I had just received them a day or two before from Wild Orchid Crafts. 
The  Kraft card base and Handsome Hunter layer were old papers, as was the Prima Herbal Garden used behind Tilda and the books.
The background paper was from a brand new DCWV stack called The Primrose.
Tilda was colored with Copics.

Here is the open view.  The label was from The Primrose stack and was mounted on SU Handsome Hunter card stock.  The flowers were from Wild Orchid Crafts.
Happy Birthday, Tabitha.  I hope you enjoyed your card.

The next card was super simple to make, but was very stunning in real life.


The card base was Stampin' Up paper, but I can't remember which one.  The background paper was from DCWV The Solstice stack.  It was shiny and glittery and required sunglasses to look at it!!
Princess Tilda with Curl was colored with Copics and mounted on Cryogen White.

This beautiful label was in the Solstice stack.  I simply stamped Happy Birthday with an SU stamp and the card was done!!
I hope you had a wonderful birthday, Denise Holland!


This card was difficult to pull together and I am not entirely happy with the final results.  Sweet Pea Tilda was colored with Copics and mounted on a Spellbinders Labels Ten.
I had just received the castle and flag dies from Magnolia-licious and had to try them out.
The flowers were from Prima and were in my stash.
The card base was SU's So Saffron.
The background paper was from My Mind's Eye Simply Delightful stack.

The open view shows the sentiment stamped on another Labels Ten piece.  The flowers are from Prima.
Happy birthday, Julia!  I hope you enjoyed your card.

I'll be back with the rest of my June birthday cards in a few days.
Thank you so much for stopping by and looking at my cards.  I love when you stop by and leave comments!  Have a very blessed week.

Huggeroonies,

5 comments:

Christina C. said...

Beautiful cards, Kathy! Superb coloring of all the Maggie images. Lovely layouts.....I'm sure they will be treasured by the lucky recipients!

Karen said...

Your cards are absolutely gorgeous! I am sure the birthday girls will love them.

Karen

lovingrammahood said...

Your cards are so very pretty. Such a joy to peruse through them. Each one so unique and the papers and embellishments are simply gorgeous.
Donna

Laura said...

These are some beautiful card. I love your coloring and your floral papers are fantastic.

Laura C.

Denise said...

The card I received was terrific. I wasn't expecting it. Thank you for taking the time to make my day special.

Denise Holland