Thursday, September 18, 2008

An Award and A Change of Direction

My SBS22 sister Jhet sent me the Javablu award! It is so cool! She likes my blog - YIPPEE!

I have received so many beautiful cards from my SBS22 sisters and SCS WishRAK gals that I feel a little ashamed that I have not been more active in posting to my blog and granting wishes at WishRAK. SO - About a month ago I did some very serious thinking about all the things I do. Then I made a mental list of the things I really enjoy doing and things I did out of duty or obligation or just not being able to say "No" to people.

The one thing that took the most time and produced the least enjoyment and most frustration and stress was the alterations on bridals and formals I had been doing for about 5 years, so it was a really tough call to totally give it up. Once the mental decision was made, I went to the bridal shop that sent me most of my work and told them I was finished, but I gave them 2 names of ladies willing to take over the sewing I was doing.

I will be still sewing, but I will pick and choose carefully what I want to do. The first time I told someone over the phone that I wasn't doing the sewing anymore was difficult but at the same time so liberating. It was REALLY over at that point and I could move on to do the fun things I like.

Having said all that, I am going to make a real effort to visit everyone's blog every week, leave comments and get cards posted on mine every week.



Here is the card Sarah sent me for our anniversary. It is gorgeous. Thank you, Sarah. You are the best!

Those little owls have the cutest eyes!





That's all for this time.


Have a wonderful rest of the week!


Blessings,

7 comments:

BritChickNY said...

Kathy, totally understand! We just take on so much and I think it is good to reflect as you did and to re-prioritize. I have a hard time saying no also and then back out of things at the last minute and end up letting people down. So much better to know one's limits I think!
I love the card you received, what a cute addition to your collection!Hugs.

Marge said...

Good to prioritize our lives sometimes, even though it can be difficult! Best wishes on your endeavors, Kathy!

Gwen said...

aw.... so cute!!! No matter how much we may want to...we just can not do it all!!!!!! wonder why it is so hard to sa no???

Becky said...

I love the card from Sarah...hope prioritizing doesn't mean saying no to shopping trips for stamping goodies though :O)

Cindy Vernon said...

Good luck! It is so hard to find the time to do the things that we want to do sometimes prioritizing is the best way! I hope that it helps!

Deby said...

You're awesome, Kath! Great job - both past & present! More time for the things you like best now. BTW, YOU'VE BEEN TAGGED! Read my blog for directions.

Sarah Elliott said...

Thanks Kathy, glad to see you got my card :-) I totally see where you are coming from. I don't know where I'm going to find the time to do everything once I go back to work.