Monday, January 12, 2009

Riley Christmas card and calendar

I hope all of you had a very blessed Christmas and a happy New Year's Day.
Any day off from work has to be good, right?

Here is the Christmas card I made Nate from Riley. I didn't see any mention of the stuffed Riley on the Caring Bridge site, so I called my sister and asked if Nate had received the package. She was very surprised that I was "Riley Moose" and said Nate had indeed gotten the box with Riley. She told me that when she looked in to check on him before she went to bed that night, he was sleeping with Riley under his head like a pillow. Had she known that I was Riley, she would have taken a picture of him and sent it to me.





Very traditional Christmas card front.















The tree was cut from a Christmas stack paper. The "gifts" under the tree were a stamp from SU's Loads of Love set.




This page uses the "dream balloon" from Sugar Plum Fluffles. Sofa Riley has a heart shaped box on his lap - definately not Christmas - so I covered him with a blanket. His little bunny slippers are beside him on the floor!


This card was so much fun to make for Nate.









Along with Riley and the card was a 2009 calendar - "The Adventures of Riley Moose".


This was the perfect project to try out my new Bind-It-All - love it!











































I tried to feature something each month a teen might be doing. Some of the months have a little embellishment, but nothing very heavy. January has Stickles, March has gold glitter pen on the pot of gold, and December has Stickles.

I wish all of you a very happy, healthy and prosperous 2009!

Blessings,




No comments: