Friday, September 23, 2011

Inventory Challenge #50 - Bookmark or Door Hanger

Hello everyone!  Hope all of  you are having a great day!

First let me apologize for being so late in getting my challenge pieces posted.  I am about buried in tomatoes and peppers.  The good news is that yesterday I picked off the tomatoes so they will come to an end very soon.  YEAH!!

The Inventory Reduction Challenge theme for this week is to create a bookmark or door hanger.  I made two bookmarks thinking they would be faster than a door hanger.  Silly girl that I am ;0

So here they are:
I thought that Tilda and Edwin with glasses would be great images for a bookmark.  A lot of us can relate to needing glasses to read.

The kids are colored in fall Copics colors.  I find the earth tones are much easier for me to work with, especially when I'm in a hurry.

Tilda was colored with the following Copics:YR18, 16, 12, BG18, 15, 11, E25, 31, 50,and R22.
Edwin was colored with the following Copics:
B97, 95, 93, 91, YR18, 16, 12, E37, B37, E40, 41, 43, 44, 47, E25, 31, 50, and B37.
The books they are sitting on: E35, 42, 44, 47, B29, 26, 24, 21, R89, 85, 83, 81, and YR24.
The background paper is Basic Grey Out of Print paper pad.  The back is covered with SU's Autumn Traditions.  The ribbon is from my stash.  Those wonderful colors are perfect for these bookmarks.  I put just a couple drops of Crystal Effects on the lenses of their glasses.

Here are close ups of Tilda and Edwin:
I'm thinking they don't look very happy about school starting.  But they get to wear some of their new school clothes.  Maybe the other kids will be very jealous.
I'm so glad you took time out to visit my blog and see more of Tilda and Edwin. 
Please stop by my creative sisters' blogs to see the beautiful things they have created for their bookmarks and door hanger.
Christina
Danielle
Rene
Cathy-Lynn
Sandy

I hope these posts have inspired you to try some of our projects.

Huggeroonies,

13 comments:

Sandy said...

These are just as cute as they can be Kathy. I love that Out Of Print paper - perfect background for a book mark!
Sandy

Only By His Grace said...

Very cute bookmarks Kathy.
Lvoely design.
hugs Maz

Christina C. said...

Your bookmarks are absolutely adorable, Kathy!!!! I am embarrassed by my post today....should have done my homework!!!! Beautiful job!
You selected the perfect images...forgot I have them!

Rene said...

Oh how darling!!! What a wonderful set! :D
Rene

Barb Hardeman said...

Kathy, these are ADORABLE!!! Imagine doing two - you're as busy as Sandy was with her 4!!! Beautifully colored and fantastic choice of images! CUTE, cute, cute...hugs...Barb

Unknown said...

Oh wow this is super adorable!!!! What an awesome project!!!!! Fabulous job!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful bookmarks Kathy! They are just deightful and would look darling marking the page of a book
Hugs Julie P

Danielle Champagne said...

Kathy, these bookmarks are awesome. Your coloring of Tilda and Edwin is super! Your choice of both images to use on a bookmark is just perfect. I also like th little sentiment to mark the page.
Beautiful.
Hugs.

Karen said...

I love your bookmarks. So adorable and I love that ribbon.

Hugs,
Karen

Pat said...

Oh Kathy...these are simply adorable!! Tilda and Edwin look ever so studious propped on their books and with their glasses on!!! Your coloring is beautiful...and I love the papers!! I have to admit...I am still bothered by the fact that Edwin has no ears. How does he keep his epcs on his face! (I'm pretending Tilda's ears are hidden under her hair! LOL!!) Hugs. Pat Frank

Sylvia said...

Your bookmarks are beautiful Kathy!! i love your choice of the colors you have used for Tilda and Edwi.
xxxSylvia

Elle said...

I love your bookmarks. There adorable, especially as a pair. The glasses are perfect for the subject!

cabio's craft corner said...

Such a cute Edwin & Tilda bookmarks set. They both are adorable :o)
Hugs,
Cabio