Thursday, September 29, 2011

Inventory Challenge #51 - Polka Dots

HELP! ! !  I'm seeing spots before my eyes!

Polka dots was a really easy and very fun challenge for me since I had recently started sorting my designer papers into categories - Dots, White Dots, Stripes ...

Without further ado - my card!
Like I said I have lots of polka dotted papers all sorted and easy to locate!

The stamps I used are Tilda with Tulips and Yummy Muffin.

All the designer papers are Stampin' Up! 
The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts, Magnolia, Hooked on Crafts.  The ribbon is from my stash.

Tilda and her muffin tuffet are colored with Copics.  The tuffet dots and ribbon are covered with Stickles.

The inside is decorated with more SU papers, flower sprays, ribbon.  The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts.

The jotting panel was cut using  my Cuttlebug and Labels Four nesties. It is also polka dots, but very light so it can be written on.

Here is a close up of the flower bouquet.  The stems were tied together with the sheer ribbon, than attached to the card with glue dots.  Some of the flowers were kept in place with tiny glue dots.

Since I don't have any long thin leaves to help cover the stems, I just left the stems long as a real bouquet would be.

Here is a close up of Tilda and her tuffet so you can see the detail in her outfit and the muffin.

Thanks for stopping by and sharing the dots before my eyes.  Hope you enjoyed them as much as I did!



Be sure to stop by my teammates' blogs and see what they have done with polka dots. 



Next week will be the first year anniversary of the Inventory Reduction Challenge with a theme of "Anything Goes".  Be sure to stop back to see what we've done with that challenge.

Christina
Danielle
Rene
Sandy

Huggeroonies,

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love polka dots and your Tilda with her muffin seat are just perfect for your card, Delightful!
Hugs Julie P

cathylynn said...

Oh So Clever!! Very nice indeed! Your card is Wonderful and WOW aren't you organized. The inside is as beautiful as the outside!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Louise said...

Beautiful card, love your grouping of flowers
Louise

Jacque said...

Such a darling card, Kathy!!! And I love the brilliant blue on Tilda!! The floral treatment is spectacular and makes your card so stunning! Have a marvelous weekend..Big hugs..Jacque

Anonymous said...

Oh wow this is totally precious!! LOVE all of the flowers and how she's propped herself so pretty on the cupcake!! Very sweet!! Thanks for sharing! HUGS

Sandy said...

I love cupcakes - I love the word cupcakes. I love your cupcake - delicious. Nice design work and beautiful flowers!
Sandy

Rene said...

Too cute Kathy! Love that gorgeous bouquet!
Rene :D

Danielle Champagne said...

Hello Kathy, ouf.. just finished cleaning the house, on to crafting! Your card is darn cute I love Tilda sitting on this yummy muffin, and I just saw this cute little ladybug at the bottom how sweet detail!Your paper layering is very sweet, and all those polka dots make quite a nice layout.Lve your flowers very much!
Beautiful!

Barb Hardeman said...

So precious Kathy! Love how you incorporated dots into everything, even to the wee lady but down by the cupcake! Cute as all get out!!!
Hugs,
Barb

Christina C. said...

Hi Kathy! What a "sweet" card....Tilda is stunning and , my goodness, such a beautiful bouquet!
Magnificent creation, inside and out!!!

Elle said...

Too cute! I like the embellishments.

cabio's craft corner said...

Kathy, that's so fun putting this image on the cupcake. Cute and those flowers are gorgeous :o)
Hugs,
Caibo

Unknown said...

Wow fabulous card!!!! Love the embellishments and the image too!!!!! Great job!!!!!

Liefs Ineke said...

This is beautiful. Greets Ineke

Card Crazy said...

Oh so lovely. I think you really managed to cover the polka dot requirement :) Very clever, lady.
Must say all your work that I've been trying to catch up on is gorgeous. Just don't have time to leave comments on every one. Wish I did.
Sue S.