Thursday, October 13, 2011

Inventory Reduction Challenge #53 - Embossing

I've been missing in action quite a bit lately with computer issues.  First it was getting a new computer and setting it up.  Then the new computer wouldn't allow Firefox to connect to the internet.  The problem was/is Windows 7 assuming that my router was spam/virus or whatever and would not allow Firefox to go beyond the Windows 7 built-in firewall.  My computer man was here bright and early today fixing the problem by removing the router for now.  And now that I've bored all of you, here is my card for the Inventory Reduction Challenge.

This is not one of my fancier cards.  It looks more clean and simple.
The stripes in background are from Stampin Up!
The white shimmer paper is from DCWV Shimmer stack.  The embossing is Cuttlebug Holly Ribbons.  The red tag was from an old Christmas assortment and cut using Magnolia DooHickey die Vintage Tag.  The poinsettia is from Wild Orchid Crafts.  The holly leaf brad and red tag paper are from my stash.


The green shimmer paper is from the DCWV Shimmer stack.  It was embossed with Cuttlebug Holly folder.I added red Stickles to the holly berries.
The red card base is SU Real Red.

The stripe is SU.  The ornaments are shimmer paper cut with Cuttlebug For You die.  The poinsettia is from Wild Orchid Crafts.

I thought the ornament shape would be nice to use as the jotting panel without embossing the words "For You".

I hope you have enjoyed your visit.  Please leave a comment so I'll know you were here!

Please be sure to stop by me team mates' blogs to see their fantastic embossed cards.

Christina
Danielle
Rene

I hope these posts have inspired you to try some of our projects.

Huggeroonies,

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty Kathy
Hugs Julie P

Barb Hardeman said...

Aren't computers annoying? But, oh, how we've come to depend on them for everything!!! I like this clean and simple card and your use of the embossing folders is delightful...hugs...Barb

Sharon Caudle said...

Beautiful card, Kathy! I love the CAS design and the colors and papers are gorgeous!
hugs, Sharon

cathylynn said...

Great embosssing Kathy and your card is beautiful!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Christina C. said...

I had my own computer issues not long ago and it was expensive and annoying!!!! Sooo glad you are back in action!
Very lovely card, Kathy...love the papers and the ornaments for jotting are perfect!

Rene said...

How pretty!!!! Love that you decorated the inside too! :D
Rene

Elle said...

Very beautiful embossing. Nice job!

Unknown said...

Wow this is so classy!!!! Gorgeous card!!!!You did a fabulous job on this!!!!

Danielle Champagne said...

OH!!! I am soooo late... Sorry about that. but I can't blame my computer actually, he is feeling OK, these days. Kathy, your card is beautiful, Love how you decorated the inside very much. Beautiful white and red contrast. Very nice to place the sentiment on the little tag.
Very pretty.

Sandy said...

Very pretty - I adore traditional Christmas colors. Wonderful embossing.
Sandy

cabio's craft corner said...

Pretty embossing and textures of your card Kathy!
Hugs,
Cabio