Friday, December 21, 2012

WOW!!!  Has it really been three months since I posted!???
I may have been away from my blog, but I've not been snoozing - I have been VERY busy. 

I finished up my canning in early October.  I ended up with 15 cases of assorted canned goods - 4 varieties of pickles, chunk tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, pizza sauce and salsa.  There were no pears or applesauce this year due to the bizarre spring and a general lack of the fruits in our area this year.

Once canning was completed, I began preparations for our church Christmas Card Stamp Camp that was held on December 8. Since I don't work, I volunteered to do the "leg work" of gathering and sorting many of the supplies for the event.  Each of us did 3 projects and were responsible for getting the "kits" made up of pre-cut pieces and embellishments for each of the 25 participants, the other 3 team members, and completed projects for the kitchen crew who prepared a fantastic lunch for us.

Here are pictures of the 3 projects I presented -


An easel card Christmas House

A Vellum overlay card

and a "stamped" candle

Everyone seemed to enjoy the candle and were surprised at how easy it was. 

The other girls made mostly traditional cards and a cone basket ornament.  I don't have pics of the rest of the projects.

The door prizes were the table decorations handmade by the four of us. They turned out beautifully!!  The idea came from the Magnolia Ink Magazine No. 5 2010.  I thank Karita for the great tutorial in the magazine.
Close up of a couple of the candy boxes
One of the tables awaiting the start of Stamp Camp



A few of the "campers"

Here are the candy boxes I made -


I used stamps from the new A Christmas Story collection and the Tilda with Banner from the new Nativity collection.  I just love every stamp in both collections.

I have also made many chocolate cards and 4 Nativity scenes, but they will be in the next post!

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and staying with me through this L-O-N-G post.  Please leave a comment telling me what you think of the candy boxes and projects for the stamp camp.

Huggeroonies,

2 comments:

Christina C. said...

WOW....Kathy, your candy boxes are stunning...totally adorable!!!!!
Love all the sweetly colored images...great job!!!!
Wishing you a blessed Christmas!

Kelly said...

Wow you have been busy! Gorgeous candy boxes, love them. I like the other projects too especially the candle!
Merry Christmas.
Kelly