Tuesday, December 25, 2012

More Christmas Creations

Hello Again!  I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas and Santa was good to all of you!! 

Now that my son called and told me they love their gift, I can post the pictures of the quilt I made for them.  This was actually started about 3 years ago - some things just take me a l-o-o-o-o-o-ng time to finish :(  I have forgotten the name of this pattern.  I have a quilt on my bed that's the same pattern.  The kids loved it and asked me to make them one like it that would be large enough for their California King bed.  So without further ado --

This was on a double bed and hung off nearly to the floor!

Closer view of the center motif

Close up of the center medallion to show quilting

This is a log cabin variation.  The curved appearance is achieved by cutting the green strips narrower than the white ones.  I had it machine quilted at a local quilt shop.  I love the way it came out!!


I made Chocolate Cards for most of my Christmas gifts this year.  Under the chocolate bar was a check.  A very special Thank You for the ideas goes out to Christina Carstensen for posting all the pictures of her fabulous chocolate cards she's made over the last several months.  Be sure to visit her blog here to see her fantastic work.

Most of the stamps I used on these cards are from the new Christmas Story Collection available from Diana's Magnolia-licious store. She has the pictures of the stamps in color now!  How great is that :D

Daughter Becky and Granddaughter Megan's cards

Son-in-law Jeff and Grandson Jacob's cards

Insides of Becky and Megan's cards

Megan's fiance' Justin's card



Becky can't eat chocolate so I fixed her up with Twizzlers.  They were just a tick larger than the chocolates so I folded the edges over and taped them in place to fit the same size card.

The last Christmas gift I made for this year is a candle for Becky.  I masked the scene of Edwin and Tilda ice skating.  This idea came from Rene' I think.  This was a little bit more coloring than the Stamp Camp candles were, but I'm pleased with the results. 

Candle front

Candle back


Thank you for stopping by again and spending some time.  Drop a comment so I'll know you were here.

Huggeroonies,

11 comments:

Danielle Champagne said...

Hello Kathy, Most beautiful work! I adore your quilt, I used to help my grand ma, who loved making quilts.
Your chocolate cards are so pretty, they will certainly be very appreciated., and what about this cute candle, wow! I love the scenery you created. Very lovely!
wishing you a very merry Christmas.
Hugs.

RenateKreativ said...

wow......what beautiful cards and candle. Great job. Merry christmas and a happy new year.
Hugs Renate

Norma said...

Wow, Kathy, that is one gorgeous quilt. A lot of work and love went into the making of it. It's no wonder your son loves it.
Terrific job you did on the chocolate cards and the beautiful candle.
Hugs,
Norma

EnblogSail said...

O gosh ! The quilt is amazing. Such a heirloom, priceless! Lucky son! And all those other lovelies you've created!
Caryl

cathylynn said...

Wow Kathy everthing you made is totally beautiful! That quilt is gorgeous as well as your cards and candle. Very special gifts you have created.
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Kelly said...

I love that quilt, I do small baby ones and I know what you mean, they take a very long time but those babies still have them, they last a long time too.
Gorgeous present for them.
Hugs Kelly

Louise said...

Wow Fabulous work, I so love your quilt. Gorgeous gifts you've done, the candle is beautiful.
Louise

Anonymous said...

I would like to comment on your 3 christmas posts: WOW!! Everything is amazing. Your quilt is gorgeous. I love the nativity card. Please tell me how you got everything to pop up when its open. Also the candle is fantastic. Great job. I would never have been able to get it all done. Here it is Dec. 27 and I'm still working on late Christmas gifts.

Jane H said...

kathy all of your tilda's are cute but that quilt is just amazing...I have one quilt from my grandmother. Your kids are going to treasure that for the rest of their lives and their children's lives. Such an heirloom. WOW!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

fabulous creating Kathy! Love your Edwin coloring! Clicked on that one and it made me sad that I haven't colored up that Santa mask Edwin yet! lol Gorgeous work! TFS!

Rene said...

Wow Kathy! You are back in a BIG way! These are absolutely fabulous!!!!
Rene ;D