Wednesday, January 02, 2013

The Last Chocolate Card

I'm wishing all of you a very Happy New Year and hoping you all had a very wonderful Christmas.  Do your best to stay warm and comfortable during this frigid weather.

The Last Chocolate Card - at least for a while.

My hubby's birthday was December 30.  This choc card makes 13 or 14 that I've made this year.  Good thing they are rather quick to do.  Special thanks to Christina Carstensen (Christina's Card Connection) for her inspiring pictures of her Chocolate Cards.  Takes me longer to choose the papers than create the rest of the card.


I used the special stamp Happy Edwin carrying a birthday greeting this time.  He was colored with Copics and cut out with Spellbinders Deckled Rectangles and inked with SU Cherry Cobbler.
The papers are from SU Cherry Cobbler and Well Worn designer papers. I hadn't noticed how well they worked together until I put this together.  The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts; ribbon from the stash.


I choose Cool Edwin for the inside and colored him in blue jeans and a gray t-shirt - my DH's favorite outfit!!  The sentiment is from Cornish Heritage Farms Birthday Centers.  The brick wall is also from the Well Worn papers.
Hubby was quite surprised with his chocolate card.

Thanks for stopping by and sharing this latest chocolate card!

Huggeroonies,

11 comments:

Cathy Lee said...

Sweet card, Kathy. Both your Edwins look fabulous and love these wonderful choclate cards.
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

CuteNCrafty Mommy said...

Great job! Have not seen one of these type of cards in a long time.
Tabitha's Designs

Christina C. said...

Awesome job, Kathy!!!! Aren't they fun to make??? Valentine is just around the corner and they'd be great for that occasion as well!

EnblogSail said...

Beautiful gift! It must thrill the recipient much!
Caryl

cabio's craft corner said...

Lovely job on this goodie wrap card and you hubby must have loved it :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Norma said...

Love your chocolate cards, Kathy. They sure do make a nice treat. Maybe I'll do them for next Xmas. I'm sure your hubby loved this one--to compensate for all those missing cookies...LOL. Love the Edwins on the front and in the inside too.
Happy New Year to you and yours!
Hugs,
Norma

Linda Palmer said...

I love your chocolate card. I want to try one. I love the Edwin's you used and love your beautiful coloring to. Great job!

Rene said...

Kathy! I've missed you!!! Great card for your hubby...no wonder he wants more!!!
Rene :D

Kelly said...

Perfect for your hubby. Mine would want a ton of them, he loves chocolate and I would love to make the cards. lol your Edwin is so adorable and colored beautifully.
Hugs Kelly

Unknown said...

Wow this chocolate card is fantastic, i love the idea.
Francy

Jane H said...

OHOH I love your card! The little Edwin which his sign is just to cute! Way to go!!!!