Thursday, January 24, 2013

One Year Ago Today

One year ago today my life changed forever.  I underwent a  triple cardiac bypass.  I feel so much better now there is absolutely no comparison.  I have more energy and don't feel tired so much of the time.  I still tire, but not like before.  I praise God for a doctor who was on top of the symptoms of massively clogged arteries and Dr. Massey, my surgeon.  Chances are good that I might not be here today without that surgery.

Enough of that!  The past two weeks I have been cleaning up my Stamp Mansion.  I had a lot of miniature stamps that I hadn't put into the binders.  I looked up the names and collections for each.  Then typed up the cards for the binders and stamped out each image on the cards.  Then they all got sorted into collections and put into the binders.  Now I can tell at a glance what mini stamps I have.

Last week I sorted all my Magnolia stamps.  I separated out the Christmas, Nativity and winter stamps.  Then did the Edwin's and Tilda's.  The Tilda's are sub-sorted by categories - T with food, with flowers, with animals, sitting, standing, etc.  The accessories were also sorted by what they were - animals, furniture, food, trees, backgrounds, etc.  Now when I want a particular type of stamp I know where to look. We'll see just how long they stay nice and neat!

Last week I also did my flowers.  What a job!  I sorted them first by type - roses, daisies, cherry blossoms, etc.  Then I sorted them again by sizes, especially the roses.  I now have 4 bins of flowers and I can find what I need quickly.  I found a lot that I had forgotten that I had.

I have finished the last of my assigned birthday cards for the Magnolia birthday card blessings hosted by Tabitha Davis.  What a brave lady for taking on the duties of moderating the birthdays and getting this up and running!

I forgot to write down who each card is going to, so I'll just post all three with pictures only, no names.

 The first one features Joyful Tilda with her tray of tea and cookies.  Yellow is not one of my favorite colors, but this card with the light green worked out fine.

Tilda is colored with Copics.  The doily is from my stash.
The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts.

I love making easel cards!!!

The rose paper is from the Christmas Story Collection 2012 from Magnolia.
The sentiment tag is a Doo Hickey die.  The stamp is from Stampin' Up!


 Tilda with A Big Bouquet was so fun to color!
She almost looks like she will tip over if she's not careful.

The large flower is from my stash, (which I found when cleaning) as is the ribbon and doily.
The image is colored with Copics.

The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts, my favorite source for them.

The green leaves are a die cut from my stash. I thought I had that die, but I can't quickly locate it :(  Maybe some stamping angel sent it to me :D

 
The sentiment stamp is from Stampin' Up!


Tilda With Love is from the brand new  With Love Collection.

The card base is SU's Garden Green.
The paper is from the Sweet Crazy Love paper pack.

Tilda is colored with Copics.  The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts.  The ribbon from the stash.


Another easel card.

I'm not sure where the paper is from
The sentiment panel is cut using Spellbinders Floral Ovals.
The tiny roses (which I found while cleaning up!) are from Wild Orchid Crafts.
The sentiment stamp is SU.




I'm sorry this post is so long.  Thank you so much for sticking with me to the end of it.
I hope you have enjoyed your visit and will come back again.

Huggeroonies,

18 comments:

RenateKreativ said...

Beautiful cards. I love it.
Hugs Renate

Karen said...

Beautiful cards Kathy! : )

Leslie - The Addicted One said...

Aloha Kathy, I enjoyed your lovely cards, but more importantly, I send big warm hugs to you on your anniversary. My mother too had triple bypass a few years ago, so I can understand your feelings. I'm so happy you're feeling better. Enjoy every minute you have. No you for doing the birthday cards too. You'll be bringing so much happiness to others. Many blessings and healthy happy days ahead for you. Leslie

Candy said...

Hi Kathy,
Each of your cards are wonderful. I can tell a lot of love went into them. Your easel cards are all lovely with the beautiful paper you have used.
I know the people who receive your cards will be thrilled :o)
Hugs, Candy
Magnolia-licious Designer

Cathy Lee said...

Fabulous cards, Kathy. All your Tildas are so sweet. So glad you are getting organized. A new year is really good for that, right? I still have tons of organizing to do...
Hugz,
Cathy Lee
Magnolia-licious Designer

Danielle Champagne said...

Wow, Kathy you have certainly been working very hard! and look at those cute cards, all very sweet, with cute Tilda and lovely colors and papers.
So... an anniversary to celebrate. Well, I am very happy to read that you are feeling well, and can enjoy life so much. take care .xoxo

Sylvia said...

I did the same the last 2 weeks. Organizing/organising my stamps. Not only my Maggies but also a lot of other stamps. But your cards are awesome Kathy. Colors, details, everything is.
Take care,
xxxSylvia

EnblogSail said...

Looks like you have put your flowers to good use:) Here's to good health!
Caryl

Chris said...

Gorgeous cards.

NPurdum56 said...

Pretty cards! I really like the colors and paper on the last card. :) Nancee

Teri said...

Congratulations on your healthy anniversary!! Continued wishes for a healthy year!!! I'm organizing,too, sooo much to go through!!! Your cards are so sweet, so cheerful and I know whoever is lucky enough to get them will treasure them!!!
Teri

Doreen Horats, Clayton said...

Your cards are so pretty and love the colors and layout designs.
hugs Doreen

cathylynn said...

Kathy it's so good to hear that you're doing so well! Sounds like you got evertyhing in order too! Wowzers these cards are wonderful! All very beautiful! Great job!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Kelly said...

Huge Hugs for your cardiac anniversary! Those things run in my family so I understand what this means to you!
Your cards are so beautiful and delightful to look at. Your coloring is very pretty, they are darling!
Have a great day.
Kelly

Yulis Kartika said...

such pretty cards . love them all :)
Hugs, Yulis

cabio's craft corner said...

I am glad you feel good Kathy and happy that you are healthy and great!! Your cards are beautiful and hope you continue to enjoy your 'stamping therapy' :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Laura said...

Lovely birthday cards! Your images are colored up so nicely. I need to do something with my drawers of stamps and such, they're such a mess.

Laura C.

Madge H. said...

A great anniversary to celebrate Kathy. Your Birthday cards are amazing - you will make 3 people feel very special receiving them.
hugz,