Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving and My Workspace!

Happy Thanksgiving to Everyone! Hope all had a fantastic feast and great time with family and friends. One of my daughter lives next door to us, so even in the worst of weather, we have dinner together! There is always more food than we can possibly eat! My older daughter lives in Virginia and my son in Georgia, so we rarely spend holidays together.

A couple weeks ago Anne posted a play along to show our work space at our jobs. The girls I work with thought I was losing it when I started taking pictures of my desk and work space!
Here it is!!

I normally work only Mondays and Tuesdays. I hate starting the week or the morning with a messy desk!

So when I leave for the day or on Tuesday when I'm done for the week, I clean up and put away everything on my desk.

Yes, I am obsessive about a neat work area!



This is how my desk generally looks while I'm working. Each of those files on the desk is a payroll I have to do. One week there are 16 and the next week 13. The majority are weekly, but there are 7 or 8 that are bi-weekly and one monthly. There are also 3 seasonal.

I really enjoy my job and talking to the payroll clients. After all, everyone likes the payroll preparer. And---all of my phone calls are promptly returned!

The windows above my desk open to a short hallway going to the waiting area and are one-way mirrored glass so I can see out but no one can see me. I can open the window and assist clients if the receptionist is busy. All in all it is a great place to work.

Thanksgiving blessings to one and all,

2 comments:

Deby said...

I'm with you - I like a clean desk tii!!! I can't think in a messy environment. That might be why I'm a bit scatterbrained at home!

Tina said...

oh I am the total opposite - couldn't get organized and completely cleaned up if my life depended on it - good for you