Friday, December 16, 2011

Inventory Reduction Challenge # 62 - No Lines

Today has been a really yucky rainy day even though the temps were high 50's.  Very rare for western New York a week before Christmas.  We'll take it! We'll take it!!

Our Inventory Reduction Challenge this week is to stamp and color a "no lines" image.  This is done by stamping in a very light color ink or by "stamping off" until very little ink remains on the stamp.  I've not tried this before even though I have seen some very beautiful cards using this technique.  The image looks more like a painting than a stamped image.

I was very unsure of my abilities at this point, so I stamped off about a dozen images.  A few of them were light enough to use.  Then I colored them with my Copics.  Here are the results of my test images.
 I really had fun coloring these little gals and will turn each of them into Christmas cards tomorrow.

Here is the card I made using the teal one.

So here she is!  What do you think?
I so admire the cards that Jacque Bettingfield makes and so I tried the multiple layers, machine stitching and minimal flowers.
I really like the way this turned out.  Thank you Jacque for the inspiration!

I tried keeping track of the papers I used, but they are from several different paper pads from Basic Grey, Webster's Pages and Stampin' Up.

The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and Hooked On Crafts.  The ribbon is from the stash.


Here is the inside of the card, again inspired by Jacque.


I didn't have enough of the ribbon to make the double bows like Jacque does, but this looks OK with the little flower in the center.






This is a Marianne Designs doily die.  I added tiny rose buds to dress it up a bit.


I hope you will be inspired to try the "no lines" technique on a card soon.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Now scoot on over to my team mates' blogs and look at their fabulous creations.

Christina
Danielle
Rene
Cathy-Lynn
Nadine


Huggeroonies,

15 comments:

Patti Jo said...

You were having fun trying out this technique! Great job Kathy and your card is really sweet with all the pretty papers!

Unknown said...

Just a gorgeous card!!!! Love the coloring and the papers too!!!!! Fabulous work!!!!!

Paula said...

Great job!! All your "test" Tildas look fantastic, never would have guessed this was your first time using this technique. Beautiful card:)

Jacque said...

Oh, Kathy!!! You are so sweet and kind in your compliments to me!! This card is absolutely darling. You have handled that technique beautifully and you have showcased that little Tilda to perfection!!! Gosh I just LOVE all the layers and your flowers are stunning. Beautiful inside too!!! Have a wondeful weekend, sweetie!!! Big hugs for you....Jacque

Christina C. said...

Kathy, this is stunning....gorgeous papers and you really did a beautiful job with this coloring technique. I colored 4 and threw away 3...lol
The inside of your card is gorgeous.

Pam said...

Kathy....love your adorable card. I love Jacque's cards too, and you did a wonderful job with the inspiration!!!
Hugs....Pam:)

Peggie said...

You did great. Pretty card.

Danielle Champagne said...

Hello Kathy, I guess we all struggled with this technique, but it did shook our mojo! Your layout is beautiful, lovely courture around the pannels. and I so loooooooooove this die cut under tilda, who looks awesome. Seems you enjoyed coloring and loosing the lines! you did a great job. If I remember correctly... you suggested this theme! Well we all had quite a coloring experience! Have a beautiful day. Hugs.

Sandy said...

Well you have made a beautiful card and your coloring is great. Jacque not only is an amazing card maker, she is a very nice and generous lady.
Merry Christmas Kathy!
Sandy

Barb Hardeman said...

Oh, gorgeous, girl!!! You did an awesome job on all your images! Love the layers on your card too, not so hard once you get the hang of it! Your card is stunning inside and out...Merry Christmas Hugs...Barb

Rene said...

Uhhhh...you did FOUR? Jeez, I have a hard enough time doing ONE! LOL! They all turned out beautifully...just like your card!
Rene :D

cathylynn said...

Good Morning Kathy! Look at this you've colored quite a few of the images! Beautiful I might add!! Your card is sooo stunning inside and out! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family.
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Elle said...

You did so well with such an interesting challenge. Very pretty.

Les Trésors de Nadine said...

wow!!! cette technique t'a vraiment inspirer toi, moi j'ai trouvé ça super difficile lol!!!! Ta carte est vraiment superbe, j'aime beaucoup ta découpe sous ta Tilda et ton joli bouquet de fleurs!!!!

Passe de joyeuses fête et je te souhaite de nombreuses surprises!!!

bisous

Nadine xxx

cabio's craft corner said...

Seeing all these images can definitely tell how much fun you had and the enjoyment of using this no outline coloring work. Cute card :o)
Hugs,
Cabio